Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Today will probably be the hottest day ever in the UK. Which isn't too bad by Australian standards, but it will in the high 30's so hot enough. Catching the tube is a nightmare - apparently it got up to 47 on some of the trains yesterday, and up to 52 on buses.

Unfortunately, with perfect timing my bike was stolen last night, so I was on the tube this morning. I left my bike locked up while I went to see a movie last night, and 3 hours later it was long gone. Bikes go pretty quickly in London. So I'll most likely head down to Brick Lane market on Sunday and pick up a bike stolen off some other poor bugger, thereby completing the stolen bike circle of life.

If everybody in London refused to buy a stolen bike then we wouldn't have this problem, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be the first one. Wouldn't reduce my chances of having my bike stolen any (unless I believed in karma). Someone could probably write a decent economics essay on how Londoners screw each other over by all buying stolen bikes.

No comments: